Monday, January 21, 2008

Methodist Campers

This is a large painting I painted of The First United Methodist Church in Princeton, West Virginia...(years ago) a commissioned piece. Wow what a wonderful building...and so much history there.

I posted it because I gave a presentation for a Methodist group on Friday evening.

Well as I mentioned last night I gave a presentation Friday evening...for the (Florida) Sonshine Chapter of The National United Methodist Campers, this group aids in diaster relief and mission work. They also get together to worship and have fun camping (mostly RV's) all over the USA. I can see how having your own RV would be great when working at areas in need (such as the Applachia). I know my cousin belongs to this group and has been to many states working on homes in need of repair. Most all are retired, and bless many with their time & talent helping others. So it was a pleasure to be their guest.
We had a good turnout--the weather held out--it didn't get cold until it was over. It had poured the rain the day before and after--but not that night! Many were blessed (incuding me), inspired and encouraged...that's what it's all about!

No comments: