Sunday, January 13, 2008

2007 Oh my goodness

Oh my goodness, I've been reflecting on 2007 and what's been going on with my art ministry. Last year was a good year. About this time 2007 equine artist and friend Sharon Crute contacted me about being a part of an artist salon based on "artists coach" Alyson B. Stanfield's model of artists coming together for a common cause such as marketing. This has since turned into OOHA (Out of Hand Artists) and we continue to meet: 11 dedicated, hard working artist determined to succeed, supporting & promoting each other. We focus on business & marketing with the emphasis on networking & sales. So it has and is a blessing. Actually it was an answer to prayer, I was like "Lord, I need some artist friends! Some that I can talk about artist-issues with...please send me some to connect with"...and he did. Within a short while Sharon contacted me. Like He says "Ask"...I did and He answered. :)

I sold a lot of art last year...which is GREAT. Probably more than I ever have.

I know one painting that surprised me at it's popularity is "Christ Child" based on Isaiah 11:1-7, an Old Testament scripture, yet it portrays Mary with baby Jesus, it's a painting about prophecy fulfilled--the "promised one" has come! (below)


I painted it, well finished it up, late on December 31st 2006. So I got to work on it over Christmas...which was wonderful! All the Christmas stories were on TV and Christmas music everywhere as I worked on it in my studio...I think I cried on & off through the whole holiday as I painted. It was just so "moving" to paint this "announcement" and at the same time hear this same message being echoed all around me--on TV & in music. I have to admit at some points I had uncontrollable crying, not in a sad way--but in humility and joy. Ahh, my emotions were running high...it was great, I felt so in-tune with the Lord & so honored to paint that piece.

When the Lord first gave me the vision for "Christ Child", I thought "Oh, a Mary & baby Jesus painting...one of many out there". However from the minute people first saw it they've been taken with it--drawn to it--bought reproductions--it gives a strong message & people are "moved" by it.
It is a part of an exhibit through ECVA called "Feasts for the Eyes". Then it was on exhibit at Christ Church Cathedral, in Lexington, KY "Art at the Cathedral", also featured on a program for Christmas at Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church, Salt lake City UT.

God always has a plan...I just need to try my best to stay in it :)

Another surprise this year: my painting "The Last Supper" was featured in a video on Trinity TV about Maundy Thursday (the Thursday before Easter--the evening Jesus and his disciples had their last supper together) Trinity Church, Wall Street, NYC contacted me and produced this piece.

Also I had a number of presentations with my art...incuding Women Aglow. This group is dear to my heart. When I first started my art ministry, Revelation Art they were the first group to invite me to give my presentation. Through the years I continue to be invited and everytime I am blessed by their love toward me, and awed by their love & hunger for the Lord...oh, what prayer warriors!

God is good!

I know I have a great year ahead.

I have a presentation and then an exhibit of my work within the next two weeks, so I've got to get back to preparations!

Hope to blog next Sunday!

3 comments:

revelatorART: Lisa Marten said...

Lorna, i'm glad you started a blog...i look forward to reading more. i'll be praying for your show over the next few weeks. God bless your work and all you do. Be encouraged. Keep creating! -Lisa

Anonymous said...

hello there thanks for your grat post, as usual ((o:

Anonymous said...

J'ai appris des choses interessantes grace a vous, et vous m'avez aide a resoudre un probleme, merci.

- Daniel